Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hill Repeats - #6

I had decided to flip-flop my long day and off day on Sun-Mon, taking the off day Sunday - the day after the big interval workout.  However, I had a little something minor going on in the inside of the right knee, so I eventually decided to take Monday off as well.  Not thrilled about missing the long run this week, but I'm going to err on the side of caution almost every time.

Today I had my 10 x 1-minute hill session on tap, but being that this is the "down week" JT said to just sort of go through the motions on this one, don't shoot for a time record.  Knowing I wouldn't be absolutely killing myself this time, I upped the warm up run from the standard 3-miles to 5, essentially getting in one of my easy runs in addition to the hill work.  

The hill session started out a little on the slow side as planned, but I ran a few quicker ones towards the end.  A pretty good session - although I was tired at the end, I wasn't dizzy or completely spent like most of these workouts, so I guess I executed the session as per JT's instructions.

A few easy days to follow before hitting the 2nd workout later in the week - that one won't be easy.

Training:

Sun & Mon, 12/7 and 12/8:  Off 

Tues, 12/9:  8-miles including 10 x 1-minute hill repeats

No comments: