Sunday, November 30, 2008

Good Long One

I got a whopping 10+ hours of sleep last night - haven't had one of those in a long long time.  With a 10-mile run on the schedule today I decided to take advantage of the great rest, throw a Roctane packet in the back pocket, and pick up the pace.

First mile (downhill) in 6:32 before heading up the 3.5% grade for the next 2.3 miles.  I averaged about 6:58 up that portion and then came back down at about 6:20 pace.  The average was something like 6:43 for the first 5-6 miles and I just held it there for the remainder of the run.

Overall it was 10-miles in 1:07:15 - a nice run to end the week.  I'll be talking to JT (the coach) tomorrow where I'll pick up the workout instructions for this week's speed session.

Training:

Sun, 11/30:  10-miles in 1:07:15, about 6:43 pace

2 comments:

Grellan said...

That's a very solid 10 miler. 10 hours sleep! - sleep is certainly the forgotton workout.

bricey said...

nice run. 10 hours sleep? I can't remember the last time I got that much sleep...come to think of it it's also a while since I ran 10 miles!! I wonder if the two are related!! :)