Sunday, February 3, 2008

"Longish" Run at a Decent Pace

Today was the first "long" run since the knee started bothering me.  It was only 12 miles (I was up to 14 before the knee), so not really very long but it was a good run today.  Average pace was 7:23 at an average HR of 154, not bad considering it was in the hills.

The plan is to increase the length of the Sunday run every other week such that I'll be running 14 miles in 2-weeks and then 16 miles 2-weeks after that.  I don't think I'll take it above 17 or 18 at any time until the fall, but I'll see how it goes.

Total mileage for the week was 38, so right on target.  I need to make sure the ramp is slow so next week probably will be 36-38 again and I'll look to take it to 42-43 the following week.

Training:  12 miles @ 7:23 pace
Saturday - 6 easy miles @ 7:45
Friday - lifting + core work (no running)

No comments: